Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rescuing Old Furniture

The furniture hunt over the weekend has really sparked my interest in rescuing and renovating old furniture for our house. Often older furniture is better made which is a plus, and I love the idea of giving something old a new lease on life, and potentially rescuing it from landfill.

I've seen a lot of repurposed and renovated furniture featured on design*sponge and other sites, and am super keen to try my hand at it. I've got a few pieces already that could do with a makeover - a chest of drawers for Isy's room, a tragic desk we bought at Reverse Garbage, a hall stand and our timber outdoor setting.

It's just a matter of finding time to do any/all of these, considering we still need to finish painting the house first. But in the meantime, I'm keeping a little inspiration file:

source unknown

via design*sponge

via Martha Stewart

via design*sponge

via Smile and Wave

via design*sponge


The Before and After Basics column on design*sponge has given me a heap of really good info, and when I finally get around to working on some of these projects I'll be sure to put together a little how-to myself, because I know the product info will likely be different than those available in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci! Ta! Xie xie!