Tuesday, May 10, 2011

K.I.S.S: Love it or get rid of it (part 2)

My efforts to simplify and declutter are slowly paying off, as I've sold a few things on ebay already. It's so nice to get a bit of cash for clutter, but it's even nicer to see the back of the extra stuff we've accumulated over the years.

This week I need to get cracking though, and try and offload some more. Here's what I have lined up to go:

  • ladies 160cm Salomon snowboard
  • ladies Salomon bindings
  • ladies Vans snowboard boots 
  • ladies Dakine ski mittens
  • 3 x snowboard pants
  • tonnes of jewellery-making bits and bobs










There's a saying about only making space in your home for things that are either functional or beautiful, and while I think that level of extreme decluttering is a bit far-fetched for us right now, I like the idea behind it. I sometimes feel so tied down by our stuff (and we really don't have a huge amount by today's standards) and wonder how people think past generations got by without six of everything?

Personal storage facilities are a new invention - they've only been around for the past 20 years or so. Before that, we could just, you know, fit our stuff in our houses. Crazy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci! Ta! Xie xie!