Thursday, January 27, 2011

Favourite Natural Beauty Products: Face Care and Make-up

Charcoal Complexion Soap from Inner Earth Soaps

There's approximately 5 million "green", "natural", "plant-based" beauty products on the market now, the majority of which are questionable in their actual green-living credentials (phrases like "with active plant ingredients" or "no nasties" are simply marketing spiel, so beware!)

As I've mentioned previously, I have spent the last twelve months or so trying to find good, genuinely natural alternatives to more commercial beauty products, and I think I'm getting close to having all my bases covered (with the exception of mascara and a beautiful red lipstick). My skin is clear and my super sensitive nose isn't being irritated by any synthetic fragrances any more, plus my bathroom cabinet is much less cluttered than it was a year ago. Actually, this is a lie. My bathroom cabinet would be a lot less cluttered if I were to clean it out. **Note to self: Clean out bathroom cabinet.

So here's a run-down of the products I currently use on my face, pretty much every day:

   Cleanser:      Charcoal Complexion Soap from InnerEarth plus a facewasher to exfoliate. Simple.
   Mask:           Detoxifying Mask from InnerEarth Soaps
   Moisturiser: Organic Rosehip Oil from Trilogy
   Foundation: Nature's Minerals Foundation from The Body Shop
   Blush:          Powder Blush from Orglamix
   Brow Groomer/Cheekbone Highlight: Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment (also an awesome lip balm)

I like to try and keep it simple, and these products work really well for me.

I also use natural body wash, moisturiser etc, but more on that some other time.

And if you know of any good, natural mascara or glam red lipsticks, please do tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci! Ta! Xie xie!