Friday, August 26, 2011

DIY Gifts: Embroidery Messages


Embroidery has always been an intimidating craft to me. I never thought I could master something so intricate. But a recent visit to youtube (can't currently find the link, will update though) showed me that it doesn't have to be tricky, or intricate or even learnt.

All I needed was some aida fabric, an embroidery hoop, a needle and some embroidery thread. I freehanded with pen a little message for Isy-girl and started stitching in my own special way. I've since learnt that I'm using the split stitch, but as long as it works, I don't mind.

It's such a sweet, personalised way to pretty up a room, make an inexpensive house-warming gift, or tell someone you love them. Of course, the message is up to you, so you could make it a little sweeter, a little cheekier or a lot naughtier. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci! Ta! Xie xie!