Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy-Making: The Little Things

My girl's cheeky grin, a pretty shadow, a baby giggling, Friday night movies with Isla and Sparky...

Given how jumped-up I've been feeling lately, it's so nice to take genuine pleasure and joy and happiness from the little things.





More happy-making: I saw Bridesmaids with two of my sisters last week and nearly wet my pants with laughter. It was the first time I'd been to the movies since Isla was born (the last one I saw was Slumdog Millionaire) and it was fun fun fun!

Plus, in other movie-related news, if you're a Tim Winton fan like me I can highly recommend you get your hands on a copy of the mini-series Cloudstreet. It is absolutely beautiful and I loved it. I've already watched it twice. Quick Lamb had my heart all aflutter.


I hope your weekend is wonderful and relaxing. Sparky has taken himself off for a golf weekend so it's just the kidlets and I. It's meant to rain all weekend so I forsee lots of movies, craft, popcorn and cuddles under blankets. Can hardly wait!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci! Ta! Xie xie!